Vorkutinskaya Mine’s fan facility of the ventilation shaft No.1 with Centrifugal Fans VCD-42.5 (JSC Vorkutaugol)
Customer: JSC Vorkutaugol, city of Vorkuta (Russia)
Type of Construction: renovation
General Designer: SP “Institute PechorNIIproekt”
Designer of Automation and Power Supply Project and Working Documentation: JSC SPIK SZMA (St.Petersburg, Russia)
Automation Object: fan facility of the ventilation shaft No.1. with centrifugal fans VCD-42.5 comprising the following equipment:
- Fans VCD-42.5A – 2ps;
- Oil pumping station for fan bearings lubrication – 2 ps;
- Devices for air flow reversing and switching from master to backup fan (air-operated doors);
- Devices for fan capacity shedding – 2 ps;
- Multi-step medium-voltage IBGT-based TMdrive-MVG drive supplied by TMEIC – 2 ps;
- General-purpose industrial induction motor with short-circuit rotor (4,000kW, 6kV, 500 rpm maximum) – 3 ps.
The fan facility is equipped with two centrifugal fans VCD-42.5A (master and backup) with three-phase induction motors 4,000kW and a set of devices for air flow reversing and switching from master to backup fan. The motor and the fan are installed on the common shaft.
Electrical engineering of the Vorkutinskaya Mine’s fan facility of the ventilation shaft No.1 with centrifugal fans VCD-42.5 covers the following tasks:
- Automated start, stop and variable speed control of the fan facility with centrifugal fans VCD-42.5 by using variable speed drives and induction
motors with short-circuit rotor;
- Automated control of the fan facility with centrifugal fans VCD-42.5 (including auxiliary equipment: oil pumping stations, air-operated doors,
capacity shedding devices) by using PLCs and industrial PC-based operator workstations;
- Power supply to 6kV and 0.4kV consumers located within the fan facility building.
The fan facility’ control system is based on TOSDIC-CIE DS distributed control system and Toshiba V2000 PLCs (Japan). Motorola GmbH equipment is used for radio modem communication (Germany).
Automated fan facility’s control system of the centrifugal fans VCD-42.5 provides the following automated control functions:
- Alarming on status of process equipment, VSDs and RU-6kV power switches;
- Measuring process parameters (temperature, pressure, etc.), warning lamps and audio alarms in case of process parameters deviation from set values;
- Fan shutdown in case of pre-fault process parameters, backup oil pump shutdown, drive failure, etc.;
- Prohibition/permission of remote and automated control of fans and air-operated doors depending on status of other process equipment (another fan, its air-operated doors, oil pump status, etc.);
- Start and stop of the fan facility in automated or remote mode in accordance with the set operations sequence;
- Automated switching of backup fan in case of unauthorized shutdown of the master fan (in automated mode);
- Automated switching of the backup oil pump at unauthorized shutdown of the master oil pump or at oil underpressure;
- Remote control of fan motor drives (including speed setting), air-operated doors, capacity shedding devices, and oil pumps;
- Recording all process parameter changes (including equipment failures and process parameters deviation from set values) in the event log and its printing.
Number of Stages: Two-stage engineering – project and working designing, comprising hardware, dataware and software configuring.
Control & Information System Architecture